9.07.2010

Long awaited update

So It's been a while... sorry for that. We have traveled A LOT this summer but i actually think that it has finally come to the end. It was a BLAST but I have to say.... it's really nice to just be home!
I lost my camera so there probably won't be picture updates for a while and if there is then they will be off my phone and not great quality.
So Braylie got on a new sippy cup this week and I'm really excited that she is no longer on a soft nipple :) She is becoming a big girl! :) As far as what else Braylie is doing... she now loves her baby doll and other stuffed animals. She totes them around the house and gives them hugs and kisses. :) She is here and there on eating and that's something that we are working on. If anyone has good ideas for food good for toddlers.. LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! Please leave a comment with your thoughts! I really need help on this topic. She already eats like a little bird and I have a hard time coming up with different things to feed her instead of the same old same old. Another thing is that Payden and I don't really eat during the day much so sometimes I just don't think about feeding her and give her milk instead. It's a really bad habit I have formed. As for all of our traveling... I am supposed to be getting pictures from my brother and sister-in-law sometime this week so i'll update you on all of that later. :)

2 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

It does get hard having to come up with different ideas when your baby can be limited on what they can eat.
One thing I found was that they are not as afraid of mixing things together as adults are. For example: Abigail LOVED eggs, but we went through a moment where she decided she didn't want veggies anymore, only fruit. But if I made an omelet out with all the veggies,then she would eat them. Same as if I added the veggies to spaghetti sauce, or rice. She just didn't want them plain.
Yogurt is another great thing that you can sneak so many different foods into.
Rice and Pasta are great. Just maket that, look in the fridge and add anything you want to it. Cheeses, veggies, maybe some kinds of fruit with the rice, etc.
Oh and Oatmeal/rice cereal/barley cereal...another great thing you can sneak things into.
Making healthy fruit smoothies, you can add granola, veggies, etc, and just puree them up with it!

Okay, sorry this is crazy long. Hopefully I've been some kind of help.

Toone said...

Meagan - Thank you so much for you're comment! It so nice to get new fresh ideas! :) I think I'll try most of those things you suggested! And hiding fruit is always my biggest issue cause she has never been very fond of it. Thank you! :)