12.20.2011

My little man

So here's an update on Traetyn. For starters, he is like the best little boy!! He is soo sweet and is SERIOUSLY the BEST laugher you will ever find!
He is everywhere lately! A couple weeks ago he started army crawling and he has gotten really good at it! He is SO close to crawling for real. I am still thinking it might be by Christmas! He gets up on his hands and knees and just rocks and rocks and rocks. It's adorable. I love it :D He'll be on his hands and knees and take like one crawl and then he'll be back on his tummy. Which is fine. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for him to be all over the house. He already can come find me in the kitchen or down the hall in a different room. haha But I am really excited for him to reach this next milestone!
And Braylie and him have been able to play a lot better now that he is bigger and more mobile. She gets so excited when he crawls. She is always, "Mom! Toytyn's crawling!" haha she LOVES her baby brother. She has seriously not once ever been mad at him. Totally surprised me by how good she is always with him. I mean there are definitely moments and she'll take his toy or accidentally hurt him but she never hurts him deliberately and is always happy to see him. The other day she cried and cried when I was trying to put her down for a nap. I went into her room and asked her what she wanted and she says in a sad voice, "I wanna play with toytyn" haha after I let her get up she got soo excited and ran to him out in the living room giggling.
6 Months!!
In other news on Traetyn, he apparently isn't really growing very well. I mean he is chunky and looks great! But in the past couple of months he has only gained a pound and isn't getting much taller. At 7 months he was in the 1% for his height and the 5% for his weight. Sad. haha But seriously I am soo not worried. He is developing and eating and sleeping awesome! The doctor looked up Braylie's growth chart at his age, and she did the exact same thing. He's expecting a big growth spurt by 9 months.
Traetyn also had eye surgery the week after Thanksgiving. He had a clogged tear duct in his right eye. Both eyes were clogged until about 4 months when the left eye randomly cleared up on it's own. By 6 months the right eye was still pretty nasty so we went ahead and had surgery where they put a probe down his tear duct and flush it out. But, he scared over it and clogged up again. It's not as bad as it was before surgery so it did help a little but he'll have another check up with the eye doctor at 10 months to see if it has cleared up on it's own any more. If it hasn't we'll probably have to do another, more extensive surgery, where they have to put a stint in his eye for a couple months and then take it out. So I'm hoping we won't have to go through that the poor thing! I'm praying it just clears up on it's own! Before his surgery when we were leaving the house ^ and then after surgery with his penguin they gave him at the surgery center. :D
Here are some recent picture of him in the last month :D
We have absolutely LOVED having this sweet little guy in our family! All in all we have been very blessed!

No comments: