6.18.2009

Baby time is tickin' and Daddy is getting excited!

So I have doctor appointments every week now which is so exciting! I had a scare just over a week ago though of a brief bleeding episode. It scared Payden and I and of course our moms and papas but all was well and no harm done.

Good news! At my doctor's appointment on Monday, I was 80% effaced and dilated to a 1! :) Happy times! My doctor said I have now made it out of the scary point and into the safe zone of delivery! He doesn't think I will make it all the way to my due date though, which is July 16th, and I am ok with that. :) I am anxious to get her here!

We took a tour of the hospital last night which was really fun. I think it made it a lot more real for Payden. This morning I caught him in the bathroom looking at the little baby bath that we got for Braylie. He just looked up and said, "Did you know that babies can drown in an inch of water?" I said, "Yes, that's why we got her the bath so we can just pour water over her and wash her off with a wash colth." And then he says, "Ya, and you also shouldn't use water over 100 degrees or else it could scold them." It was funny to see him act all knowledgeable and be telling me something new about the baby for a change. It made me love him that much more. It's adorable when he takes interest in little things like that on his own without me having to tell him things he should know or things we have to do. I love when I can tell how excited he is about having our little girl without really having to say it. He is going to be an amazing Father! I can't wait to see the two of them bond and get to know each other!!

So many people say how scary it is entering parenthood, and even though we are scared and don't by any means think that we are ready or mature enough to be responsible for a little human being, we are looking forward to the rewarding sides of parenthood and for the little blessings it will bring to us each day, and the huge blessing she will be to us for this life and for Eternity. We are nervous but very excited to meet our little girl who we already love so much!

1 comment:

The Theobalds said...

Love this post! You are going to be a great mommy! I am so excited for your little family!