4.28.2011

Mommy Moments

Ok... so today was a rough day. Blame it on a bad mood or waking up on the wrong side of the bed or whatever you want. Me... I'm choosing the - I'm practically 9 months pregnant with little energy/sore body and a grumpy toddler going through a bad day of terrible two's who also decided not to nap today - route.

We made it though. Braylie is in bed, I got the kitchen cleaned up from dinner (still need to start the dishwasher, but everything is off the counters and food is put away) and I got my much needed bath! We survived! Let's hope tomorrow is a better day!

In spite of it all though, some funny things did happen today that lightened the day up a bit. I don't want to forget them so I thought I'd share. :)

This wasn't today but I need to write it down anyway. So last week Braylie started using her toddler bed. Mostly she lays down and goes to sleep within a couple min of me shutting the door. But every now and then she will just sit and play for quite a while before giving into her pillow. The other night she woke up at like 11:30 and I was getting out of the bath so Payden went and got her and brought her into our room for me. When he brought her in she had her shoes on... I took a second to understand what was going on and asked Payden if had put her shoes on her. Of course he said no, so that means that Braylie must have been playing before falling asleep and eventually went to sleep with her shoes on. haha what a funny girl. She LOVES shoes! In fact, today she threw a fit everytime I took her shoes off of her and would run to her room and put them back on. lol : )

The funniest thing that happend today though was once again... while she was supposed to be sleeping. I had put her down for a nap and hadn't heard much noise for a while so I figured it was safe to hop in the shower. When I got out of the shower I heard the monitor in our room going off and Braylie was whinning and moaning and calling for Mom on and off. So I go in there after I dry off and I can't find her.... It took me a second but then I realize that she is kneeling up on all fours underneath her blinds on the window seal pressed up against the window. When I walk in she started calling for help. "elp, elp" haha I died. I was laughing at her and at the same time I'm frustrated because she is supposed to be sleeping and I'm also wondering what in the heck is she doing up there and also feeling so bad for her and wondering how long she has been stuck like that!?! Her face was warm from the sun coming in the window and she seemed scared to get down although her bed is right there and all she had to do was put her foot onto her bed off of the window seal and she would have been fine. lol The things children do. A frustrating day with a toddler but this moment made it a little lighter. :)

A couple small things to remember about today:
Braylie and I danced in the living room to Taylor Swift and twirled and twirled until we were dizzy. We threw our heads back and spun and she just laughed and laughed. I couldn't take the stress with her anymore and needed some music to make me happy. It was just what we BOTH needed on a tough day!

After Braylie's bath before bed I was lying on the floor in her room while she was playing cause my legs were really sore from standing on them while cooking dinner, and she comes up to me and gives me her baby. She brought me all of her "night night's" (blankets) and covered me up with them. After she put the last blanket on me she kissed the top blanket and said night night and then laid her head down by me. A couple minutes alter after she got up she came over to me and sat real close and started stroking my face and then gave we a sweet kiss.

What a nice way to end a frustrating day. I love my little girl so much even though some days seem to be so hard raising such an active toddler. She is my world and not even the worst day could ruin a moment like this. We mommy's have a tough job. But once these kind of moments come along, it's all worth it and you forget home frustrated you might have been with them earlier. You just want to grab them in your arms and snuggle until they won't let you hold them anymore. <3

2 comments:

Brian and Ashley Baker said...

Love your post sis and that you wrote down all these wonderful moments you had with Bray Bray today. For such a bad day it sounds like it was pretty good if you know what I mean. ;) Love you so so so much.

Toone said...

I think I was just looking for the good in today because it was so horrible. I should probably do that on the good days. I can only imagine the tings I would have to write down. :)