9.21.2011

<---- Back Tracking <----

OK, so I am only posting this for my journal purposes and for the fact that I want to print this off at the end of the year. Braylie's 2nd Birthday. Lame, I know. It was way long ago at the beggining of July and It is now the end of Sept. But I figured I'd get it in anyway. Here is the Link of a friends blog who featured and helped (A TON) planning and pulling together her party! :) She had an adorable blog and is sooo talanted and has the best ideas for stuff! Check it out! Follow her and like her page on Facebook. She has an etsy too!!! So we planned this party in 2 days!!! YA! It was sooo much work and my house was a mess for that whole week, but, I loved how it turned out and she seemed to have fun so it was soo worth it! We planned on having the splash park as the entertainment for the kids but of course, the one day it was closed of the entire summer for maintenance, was the day of Braylie's party. So we just at hot dogs, chips, lots of candy and played with party hats! :)
I mod podged the balloons and glittered them to add a little sparkle.
Our inspiration was a cupcake design that looked like disco mirophones out of mini ice cream cones and doughnut holes. The cupcakes didn't turn out quite how we planned and ended up looking more like ice cream cones but they worked and inspired us for EVERYTHING PINK!
I got tons of different kinds of pink candy and together Emily and I used all of our own jars and other containers to display them! :) Emily had JUST recieved her new sillouhette in the mail like the day before so she cut out the cupcake holders, paper party hats and the cotton candy cones from that. She also designed the water bottles lables.
I also made tissue paper pom poms to hang from the rafters. I loved the polka dot ones! And my sister in law cut them down after the party and reused them for her daughters party the next week so it was perfect!! :)
Emily (who planned the party with me) and her son Dawson with Traetyn at the party
Daddy and Braylie <3
We ended the day with a ride on the carousel with Daddy and cousins! And the horse got to hold Braylie's homemade microphone in it's mouth :)
Overall I'm happy with how it turned out :) I love my little girl!!! I can't believe that she is 2 and that she now has a little brother too! Crazy things happen when you blink moms! I warn you if you have little little ones like my Traetyn. It'll be gone before you know it! BUT, every stage is SOOO fun! Braylie is really really developing her speech right now and it is sooo fun! Today I walked down the hall and said gosh... ( i dont remember what i was frustrated about at the time but we were trying to get out the door so it could have been anything) and behind me I hear a little echo "gosh" haha. And if I call down the hall for Payden or something, again I have my little echo saying, "paynen!" :) Being a mom is AWESOME! Each year she gets better and better! I can't wait for year 3. I LOVE YOU BRAYLIE!!!

1 comment:

Michaela said...

What a cute cute CUTE party! I love all the decorations! And that's so nice of Emily to help so much, she's such a crafter! Love it! And happy birthday to Braylie!