2.04.2010

My New Hobby....

My sweet husband Payden got me a sewing machine for Christmas..... ( think there is a hidden motif there at all? I do.) So I have been trying to make use of this wonderful gift! My mom bought me a couple patterns and some fabric so I have started doing some actual sewing... crazy.
I made Braylie a church dress, a tag blanket and I want to make her some jammies soon. I also hemmed some curtains my mother-in-law gave me, and put those up in my house. Some girls in my ward and I get together every other week and sew and talk and just have fun. It has been a really fun thing to start doing. :)

My current project, I am making Payden a jean quilt with Utah Utes on it and the logo in the center. I have cut all the squares out and have cut the pieces for the back. Tonight I cut out and sewed the logo together and cut out all the letters for UTAH UTES. I hope hope hope I can finish it for Valentines Day.

P.S. Me and secrets about presents are no good. Especially with Payden. I always give more then I should and always talk about how excited I am to give him his gifts. NOT THIS HOLIDAY! I am making a valiant effort to KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT! Let me tell you how hard this has been! I just started Monday and I cannot even count on two hands how many times I have had to change directions in the middle of my sentence or have had to bite my lip. So far he has no idea that any of this is going on. I just rush and work on it while he is gone and hurry and put everything away before he is going to be home. (One of the first times I actually look forward to him leaving so I can get some work done on his quilt)

The girls I sew with looked at me crazy when I said I am going to finish this quilt by Valentines. Please someone out there give me some hope that it can be done and that I'll get it done!!!!


(I'll post pictures of all the things I've sewn next post. )

2 comments:

Megan Hollenback said...

you are so funny hopefully he doesnt find out by reading this post! i love that idea so thoughtful, i want a sewing machine dang it! where did you learn to sew? im taking a sewing class now its really fun. good luck, i believe in you finishing it by vday :) my mom made a jean quilt long time ago with a mountain scene hand stitched in it and its the cutest thing ever i want one.

Unknown said...

What fun to have a sewing machine and make clothes for your little girl. When your Aunt Kathy had her little girl and was home all day with not much to do, I sugested she get some material and sew for her baby. She did and loved it, becoming an excellent seamstress. There's so much you can create and have fun with it. Good Luck! Love, Grandma