2.28.2010

Not my little baby anymore...

Braylie makes my life so happy everyday and truly brings me the purest joy that I have experienced in my life with her sweet sweet spirit and all that love! But lately from time to time I she has made me sad. Not really and truly sad, but the just looking back at where the time went and feeling helpless kind of sad.

She is such a big girl now. She isn't my little baby anymore that would just lay in my arms and snuggle and sleep. She isn't that little baby that wouldn't move when I sat her down somewhere, or the little thing that would lie there and just laugh and smile but lay very still for me to change her diaper.

No, No. She is definitely a big girl. Here are 5 reasons she has become a big girl!:

1. She has two teeth! Crazy! She got her first one on Valentines Day and her second the next Sunday. I almost cried Valentine's day morning because I was so proud of her for getting her first tooth! Such weird things you get emotional over when you are a mom. Little babies don't have teeth! That's a big girl thing...

2. She has arms and legs that work! Braylie has become quite the little crawler. She won't stay anywhere I put her. If she's on the bed, she tries to crawl off... If I set her outside the bathroom on the carpet so mom can actually use the bathroom, she crawls into the bathroom on the linoleum. (I might be weird but I really don't enjoy her crawling into the bathroom or in the kitchen. The carpet is safest. I don't know what's wrong with me but even though I sweep and mop and keep it clean... it still feels like a dirty place to me. Not a place for sweet babies who can get sick easily and who love to find and pick up anything they run their hands over on the floor.) The old little baby Bralylie would just lay wherever I sat her down and if she needed me, she would cry to let me know. Now... she crawls to find me and talks to me about how hard she is working the whole time.

3. She is just so WIGGLIE! Whether it's at church or on the changing table... this big girl won't hold still!
She has a body that works and she knows how to use it now so by gall she is going to use it! The baby in her would wiggle, but not to the point I can't hold onto her anymore. Let me tell ya, rolling over in every direction and trying to sit up while I'm trying to change her bum isn't the easiest task in the world...


4. We had to lower her crib... She would poke her head and her eyes over the railing after her naps to see if I was coming to get her. She was starting to crawl and I knew it wouldn't be too long before she figured out how to pull herself all the way up. Now she is on the medium big girl level where she is for sure stuck in the crib. If I pull her up she can hold onto the rail and stand, but she hasn't gotten strong enough to do it herself yet, and the crib is now at a safe height so when she does build those muscles, she won't fall out on her head! :)

(This was before we lowered it.) She crawls in her sleep.... haha About 90% of the time when I go check on her, she has her head into one of the sides of the crib, and she is up on her knees with her adorable little bum up in the air. <3This was before we lowered the crib also. - I would lay her in there on her tummy and duck down so she couldn't see me. Being the smart little girl she is... she would pull down the bumper pad thing and find me! She loved it and Payden and I loved to sit there and do it over and over again to make her laugh! We got a really good laugh out of it too! ;)


Now she is a big girl standing so tall! She thinks it's pretty funny to be able to stand up and look at mom! :)

5. She has been doing this for a while but... she eats like a big girl too. Obviously at almost 8 months she still has to have milk and is still breastfeeding (which I love!) but she also eats baby food and some table food as well. She has no chance with her mother and father being who they are.... this girl loves food and she loves to eat!

I know I said I was sad about all of this, and all five of the points I sound sad too, but there really are a lot of pluses to her becoming a "big girl." I love to see how much she is learning and how she is just soaking everything in. It brings me so much joy to see her progress and and to have her grasp a new concept or do something she has never done before. She make me so proud of her everyday! I am so blessed to be her mommy!!!

2 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

so you should post or send the french bread recipe! it looks good:)
I cried when Abigail got her first 2 bottom teeth; it was on our way to Wyoming to visit my parents. I cried though because I was sad she was growing up, ha.
Time really does fly by and makes you realize how much we need to appreciate every little second with these angels. before we know it they will be having little ones themselves....depressing for me to think about, but I'm sure it'll be exciting when it happens :)
It's fun seeing how much Braylie looks exactly like a Harry:)

Brian and Ashley Baker said...

That is so neat to see and hear all the things Bray Bray is doing I miss that little girl. I love you so much and I am so happy to see that you are an amazing mother and you love it so much. Not that I ever doubted any of it. You were born to be a Mom! I love you!