3.28.2011

Progress!!!

Ok, so this post may be lame to pretty much everyone but myself and family who understand how bad of a time Braylie has had in Nursery. But I am thrilled about her progress yesterday!! She had a hard time like always when we we first went in but I told her I would stay and play with her for a little bit. So I dumped my bag, kicked off the heels, and tucked my dress around my legs and on the floor we played. She likes puzzles so i grabbed one of those and she started to calm down a little bit. She was still really worried I would leave but she started to play with the puzzle and was acting better. I played with her for a few min and then told her I needed to go and find Daddy and I'll be back in 10 min. I made sure she looked at me and I told her a couple times to make sure she knew what was going on. I got up to leave and naturally she started crying and was really sad but one of the workers took her and then I left. I came back in 10 min and when I peeked in the window she was doing so good! She wasn't crying and she wasn't having to be held. I really didn't even want to go in and ruin how well she was doing but I told her I would be back and I wanted her to have confidence that I would be.
When I went back in she started crying. I swear everything is worse when mom is finally there.( I used to do the same thing if Kim and Ashley hurt me. When mom came, it suddenly hurt so much worse!) But I played with her for a few min and calmed her down and then I told her it was time for me to go find Daddy again. She was a little less dramatic this time I left and she seemed to understand where I was going. In between classes I checked on her and she was sitting at the table eating snacks and being good all by herself! I got a thumbs up from the nursery worker and I went to class not even worrying about her for like the first time!!!


When I picked her up she wasn't even crying either! Even though the other parents were there to pick up their kids (which usually makes her cry really hard cause she wants to be picked up too) She wined a little bit when she saw me to tell me "how bad it was" and then she was happy and fine. And she was really proud of her picture she colored.(barely) haha
Needless to say... a MUCH better Sunday in nursery rather then crying and screaming pretty much the entire time. I'm so grateful that she is doing better. It is such a big relief! Here's to hoping that by the time Traetyn gets here, she'll be really good and actually ENJOY going to nursery!!! :)


1 comment:

Brian and Ashley Baker said...

YAY BRAYLIE!! I am happy for ya sis. I bet it is a huge relief. She is growing up so fast and before ya know if she will be in sunbeams :)
She looks really cute by the way :)